Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Photographer Spotlight: Zahir Batin

Even though I'm no longer focusing on macro for my book this semester, I just stumbled across the work of Zahir Batin and wanted to share.


As you can see, Batin uses small toys and action figures (primarily Star Wars figures) to portray miniature, but realistic scenes. I find his work to be very creative -- fun and playful too! Some images are more dramatic than others, but they are all clearly narratives.





I first found out about Zahir Batin's work in the following article:
His work was also featured in an article on the Internet magazine, Bored Panda:
And finally, here you can check out a large collection of Batin's work which includes macro photography with insects, small animals, and action figures in addition to Star Wars:

No comments:

Post a Comment