Thursday, March 13, 2014

Photographer Spotlight: Andrew Whyte

Today, while researching topics for my own monograph, I stumbled across the work of Andrew Whyte.
 
                             "Curveball"                                             "In Plain Sight"                                          
Whyte, who is most noted for his long exposure images, recently finished a 365-day project in which he traveled the world, photographing a tiny "Legographer."
This is the body of work that drew me in. 


 I find these images to be quite creative! Definitely simple, but ingeniously creative.
These narrative images are reminiscent of childhood. They're fun and highly imaginative.


To my surprise, these images were all captured with Whyte's iPhone.
Because his project required him to capture images of his Lego Minifigure every day for a year, he opted to use his phone out of convenience and time efficiency.


I first found out about this project when I stumbled upon this article:
You can check even out more images from Whyte's "Legographer" photo series at 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found this guy. I kept meaning to show him to you!

    ReplyDelete